TX Parent Taught In-Car Only Course
- Approved by TDLR (PT Course #131)
- Meets the 14-hour requirement (Instruction & Observation)
- Clear step-by-step instructions for parents
- Printable PDF format
- 100% money-back guarantee
- FREE Certificate sent by email
- Less expensive than traditional in-car training
- BBB Accredited (A+ Rated)
|8AM - Midnight Customer Support|
|No Hidden Fees|
|Price Match Promise|
|Money Back Guarantee|
SALE ENDS IN
STATE-APPROVED PARENT TAUGHT BEHIND THE WHEEL COURSE
All first-time drivers in Texas under the age of 18 are required to complete a state-approved behind-the-wheel course that consists of 14 hours of in-car training. If you have already obtained your learner permit, then you're ready for the required 14-hour behind-the-wheel training from your parent or guardian. This course provides step-by-step guidance to a parent or guardian who is providing these 14 hours of behind-the-wheel training that is part of the Parent Taught course.
This does not replace the 32 hours of classroom instruction that are required to obtain a Texas provisional license. If you haven't completed your classroom hours yet, you can click here to view our Parent-Taught Driver's Ed course, which includes the In-Car only course as well as the state Permit Test. Please note that this In-Car only course is included with our Parent-Taught Driver's Ed course. Therefore, the course offered on this page is intended only for students who completed their classroom hours with a school outside of the Parent-Taught program.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- Easy-to-follow instructions are provided for parents, showing exactly what needs to be done during behind-the-wheel training.
- This course is to be downloaded and printed for use during observation.
- We provide a 100% money-back guarantee. If you request a refund within 30 days of purchase, we will refund your money, no questions asked.
- The 14-hour Instruction & Observation Log AND the 30-hour Behind-the-Wheel Practice Log are included in this course at no extra charge.
- After completing this course, you can request a completion certificate, and we will email it to you for FREE.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- This does not replace the 32 hours of classroom instruction that are required to obtain a Texas provisional license. If you haven't completed your classroom hours yet, you can click here to view our Parent-Taught Driver's Ed course, which includes the In-Car only course as well as the state Permit Test.
- The behind-the-wheel training is divided into two sections:
- 14 hours of Instruction & Observation. For this portion, a parent or legal guardian is required to serve as the instructor. If they are unable to do so, they can fill out the designation form in the Parent-Taught Program Guide to designate someone else to be the instructor.
- 30 hours of Driving Practice. For this portion, the student must be accompanied by someone who is at least 21, has a valid driver license, and has at least 1 year of driving experience.
- You must be between the ages of 15 and 17 years old to take this course.
- Your parent-instructor must order the Parent-Taught Program Guide from TDLR before the behind-the-wheel training begins.
- In order to obtain a DE-964 certificate from us after completion of this course, TDLR requires you to provide the following documents to us:
- The transfer form from your previous driving school
- The Classroom Log from your previous driving school
- Your Laboratory In-Car Instruction & Observation Log
- If you are taking this course just for extra practice, and you've already completed your in-car training with another driving school, then you do not need the Parent-Taught Program Guide or a DE-964 certificate from us. You can present the DE-964 certificate that was provided by the driving school you originally attended.
HOW TO GET YOUR DRIVER LICENSE:
- Complete this In-Car only Course. Be sure to follow all instructions provided.
- If you need a DE-964 Certificate, send an email with the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: To comply with TDLR rules, you may spend a maximum of 2 hours per day on this course. Therefore, we will not be able to provide your certificate sooner than 7 days after your purchase.
- Complete your 30 hours of behind-the-wheel practice. More details on this are provided in the course.
- Complete the Impact Texas Drivers Program.
- Bring your certificates along with the other necessary documents to the DPS, and get your license!
STEP BY STEP GUIDANCE MAKES IT EASY TO LEARN
Our Texas In-Car only course (also known as a "14 Hour Behind-the-Wheel Training Course") is designed to help you get your Texas Driver License fast and easy. Parents and guardians will appreciate how this course easily guides them through the steps to teach their student the required behind-the-wheel driving skills. Our In-Car only course is divided into concise sections so parents/guardians are able to teach one behind-the-wheel skill at a time.
MESSAGE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
We understand that for most parents, the process of teaching their teen to drive can be full of stress and anxiety. So, let go of some of that stress and let us help. Take advantage of our step-by-step behind-the-wheel course that has been specifically designed to help parents teach their teens the practical aspects of getting behind the wheel that all Texas drivers need to know. Get started today and ensure that your teen has the knowledge they need to be a safe and responsible driver.
- TDLR Approved Parent Taught Course Provider #131
- Is this course state approved?
- Are there any other hidden fees?
- How old do I have to be to take this course?
- How long is this course?
- Who can be an instructor for this course?
- What could disqualify one as a Parent-Taught instructor?
- How do I receive my Certificate of Completion?
- Course provider #131.
We charge NO additional fees for our course. However, you will be required to purchase a Request for Parent Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Service Application from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). TDLR charges $20 for this application, which must be purchased before the Parent-Taught Program Guide will be sent to the qualifying parent instructor. Click here to view TDLR's Steps For Parents at-a-glance.
You can click the link above to be redirected to TDLR's website. We also provide a link to purchase the application from within our course. In either case, the $20 is not paid to us and no online course provider is authorized to provide this document - you must obtain this from TDLR and your payment goes directly to this government agency. Among other things, this guide contains official state forms and training logs that will need to be filled out while administering the Parent Taught program.
In addition, the Department of Public Safety (DPS) charges a fee before issuing a learner permit and driver's license. Click here to view detailed fee information on the DPS website. As with the designation service application mentioned above, these fees cannot be bundled into the course price, they must be paid directly to DPS at the time the license application is submitted.
You must be at least 15 years old to begin this course and under the age of 18.
This course guides a parent or guardian through the necessary subject matter required for providing the required in-car training to their student.
To complete the Parent-Taught Program, the Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) requires a total of 14 hours of behind-the-wheel training by the parent/guardian teacher, which consists of 7 hours of instruction and 7 hours of observation. Therefore, this course takes at least 14 hours to complete.
The following persons may instruct the Parent Taught program:
- Foster Parent
- Legal guardian
Additionally, a parent, legal guardian, or a judge of a court with jurisdiction over the student can designate a person to instruct the course who meet the following requirements:
- Is at least 25 years old;
- Does not charge a fee for conducting the course; and
- Has at least seven years of driving experience
The following conditions prevent a person from serving as an instructor:
- Convicted of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) in the past seven years.
- Criminal negligent homicide, even probated.
- Six or more points on his/her driving record.
- License suspended, forfeited, or revoked in the last three years.
For more details, please see the information provided by TDLR regarding a parent's Roles and Responsibilities.
It's easy! When you finish your 14-hour behind-the-wheel course, send an email to email@example.com and include scans or pictures of the following documents:
- The transfer form from your previous driving school.
- The Classroom Log from your previous driving school.
- Your Laboratory In-Car Instruction & Observation Log.
We will then reply with your DE-964 certificate as an attachment, which you can download and print before visiting the DPS.
Money back guarantee
We are so confident that you will be 100% satisfied that we guarantee it or your money back.
No hidden cost
We only advertise our actual bottom line cost. What you see is what you get.
Other schools charge additional fees to provide a certificate of completion we provide it for free.
Price Match Promise
Find a better deal? Just send us a message with information about the advertised price and we'll give you a discount.
The best of the best, of the best.... etc
Ok.... You get the point
Fast and Easy
By combining easy-to-learn text lessons with entertaining videos, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll comprehend our course material.
Sign in and sign out whenever you want. No classrooms and no pressure to finish. We track your progress so you don't have to.
Need help? No worries, just give us a call or send an email and our customer service team will be there to help.
With our mobile optimized learning environment you can learn on the go. Anywhere you have an internet connection, from any device.
All of our courses include interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and ensure you comprehend what you are learning.
Our course is also divided into concise one-subject chapters so you’re able to concentrate on learning one subject at a time.